Weathering the Storm Part 11: Data Analytics & AI – Automation
Atlantix Partners | June 4, 2020
In part 2 of our series on Data Analytics & AI, we dive deeper into a technology known as robotic process automation (RPA) – it is disrupting Internal Audit, Finance and Accounting.
RPA is a form of business process automation that uses software “bots” to automate high-volume, repetitive tasks enabling heightened productivity by streamlining lower value work. For example, in the finance and accounting area RPA can be used to:
- Automate the creation of master files by aggregating data from multiple sources into a single file
- Automate general ledger entries when spreadsheets are received across multiple businesses
- Automatically validate and send invoices to customers
- Reduce manual review processes in AR
- Increase accuracy of data in core accounting systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage, SAP etc.)
This is just a small sample of the type of manual processes that can be automated via RPA. We can help your company identify opportunities to prove the business value of automation via an assessment and demo.